Terry Garoby was inspired by God to found this Church in 1992 with members of her immediate family. It began on Bawcomville’s Washington Street very much as the Christian church did in Judea with informal meetings and worship at home.
Initially the Church was dedicated to Mother Brady, one of the first ordained women preachers (1916) and a Christian mystic born in the mountains of West Virginia (Sarah Ann Brady — b. Sept. 27th 1867, d. April 18th 1930). She came to Monroe with her husband and child, Lillian, in 1913, to take charge of a home for unwed mothers that was located on Winnsboro Road. She then went on to pastor Stone Avenue Methodist Church from 1914-1917, during this period we understand that she wrote her journal.